For technology CEOs and business owners, B2B Tech PR isn’t just a choice; it’s a transformative decision. It grants you the ability to get in front of a greater number of potential customers and influence their perception of you. By generating an abundance of media coverage, B2B PR also delivers credibility and builds a positive reputation for your company and its products. However, it goes well beyond that. B2B PR takes that increased awareness and credibility and harnesses it so that you maintain a full pipeline of qualified sales leads.
PR is more than a tool—it’s a compass for navigating the complex currents of the tech sphere while keeping the target audience engaged and interested. If you have been considering utilizing public relations for your B2B technology company, here are some reasons why now is the time to get started.
B2B tech PR increases audience reach, credibility, and awareness
B2B tech PR possesses the remarkable potential to magnify your company’s audience reach. Think about the potential of your story being published in top industry trade publications that reach more than 20-, 40-, or even 60-thousand people, many of whom are your ideal customers. Now, let’s turn the volume up so that it’s not just 1 publication, but 30-50 publications per year.
Now, focus in on that last thought – the media is talking about you. When the media tells a story about how you are solving key industry problems, it is so much more impactful than when you do it for yourself. This is where effective B2B technology PR builds credibility and awareness.
Additionally, the stories all illustrate your differentiators and value proposition. They may even include some of your customers doing the talking for you. All this ensures you are moving the KPI that matters most – revenue.
Fueling revenue growth
The connection between adept PR and revenue is compelling. As an example, let’s take Micro Harmonics, a startup company that manufactures electronic components for the telecom industry. The company revolutionized its technology so that it solved a major issue for system engineers trying to make devices for 5G, 6G, and beyond. They had a great product, but no one knew the existed.
They put their trust in Rankin PR, who built up a custom B2B tech PR campaign that launched them into a new stratosphere. The company got over 100 articles published in the first 3 years and has now been listed twice on Inc Magazine’s 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S.
It is important to point out that while they did have amazing growth and continues to set record year after record year, they did not look at PR as something they dabbled in. B2B PR for technology companies takes time and consistency. One article in Forbes is not going to turn you into an overnight success. It is best when it is a sustainable, ongoing effort.
Partner with the right B2B tech PR agency
It is also critical to find the right partners. While most PR agencies work with clients from diverse sectors, it’s mostly consumer-facing brands. B2B tech companies benefit from working with B2B PR agencies who are better equipped to navigate the intricate world of B2B tech PR.
This necessitates a strategic partnership with a reliable agency which must:
- Understand your business
- Understand your customers, their needs, and pain points
- Have connections with editors at the publications that your target audience reads
- Have a proven track record of success
Master effective B2B tech PR execution
The right PR strategy will attract high-value clients to your brand, drive brand recognition, and achieve bottom-line results through:
- Thought leadership content: Crafting insightful content that positions your brand as a thought leader.
- Partnership spotlight: Showcasing successful partnerships and collaborations.
- Expert panels and podcasts: Participating in industry events as experts attracts high-value clients.
- Case studies: Sharing success stories that highlight your brand’s impact.
Measuring the pulse of your PR initiatives with the right metrics also plays a significant role in the success of B2B marketing. Adapting strategies based on measurable results ensures that your efforts remain aligned with ever-changing dynamics through important metrics, such as:
- Media mentions and coverage: Measure your brand’s presence in media outlets and industry publications.
- Website traffic and engagement: Analyze increases in website traffic and the time users spend on your site.
- Lead generation and conversion: Track leads generated through PR efforts and their conversion rates.
- Brand sentiment and perception: Monitor how PR impacts public sentiment and perception of your brand.
- Social media metrics: Assess engagement, reach, and shares on social media platforms.
This data-driven approach allows you to fine-tune your efforts based on measurable results that will inform your ongoing strategy.
B2B Tech PR is a long-term company growth strategy. If you are still looking for a reliable PR partner, Rankin PR is here to help. Book an appointment with our PR experts to unlock your business’ potential!